ABOUT THE AWARD
The Aggie Impact Award is a revered honor bestowed upon a former student of Texas A&M University. The award, sponsored by the first Constituent Network ofThe Association of Former Students, Texas A&M Black Former Student Network, recognizes individual persons who have made a positive IMPACT on society by setting themselves apart by excelling in their profession, their undying commitment to serving society and his/her community, and by their service to Black students, faculty, and former students of Texas A&M University.
Aggie impact Award Criteria
Award Criteria Nominees are to be accomplished and distinct in the following areas:
- Professional Achievement
- Service to Society/Community
- Service to the African-American community of Texas A&M University
Eligible Nominees To be an eligible nominee, the person must be:
- A former student of Texas A&M University or a former employee of Texas A&M University
- Satisfy the criteria outlined in this document Current employees Texas A&M University, The Association of Former Students, the 12th Man Foundation, or the Texas A&M Foundation are not eligible nominees during their employment. Nominations can be made posthumously.
- For the 2023 gala, nominations will open on May 15th and ends on August 2nd. Nominations can be submitted by anyone.
- The Black Former Student Network (BFSN) will provide the Nomination Form online in a digital format.
- Submit requirements including:
- Nomination Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation for the award (one of the letters should come from the nominator).
- Resume, biography or curriculum vitae for the nominee.
- Supporting documentation:
- Letters of support that address the nomination criteria.
- Newspaper, magazine, or online articles.
- Awards and certificates of achievement.
- Other items pertinent to addressing the criteria.
- The first Nomination Form and required attachments received for a Nominee will be the only packet reviewed and considered for the award.
- Nomination Forms for the same individual may be submitted and considered every year.
- Nomination Forms for existing holders of this award will not be considered.
- The name of the nominator will not be disclosed.
- The Aggie IMPACT Gala Nominations Sub-Committee will lead the selection committee.
- Each Nomination Form and required attachments will be discussed by the committee and awarded the honor on its own merit.
- Up to five recipients may be selected for this award annually.
- Nominees selected for this award will be ratified by the BFSN Board.
- The Texas A&M Black Former Student Network will announce the honorees of this award at its annual Aggie IMPACT Gala.
- The recipients will carry the prestigious title of Aggie IMPACT Award Recipient